Lift Table Bellows – Stitched Style
Follow these easy steps to install your safety skirting.
- Remove the skirting from the packaging box
- Locate the top of the skirt by finding the vent panels. Please note that not all skirts have a ventilation panel if that was not ordered.
- Raise the table about 12” to allow for some wiggle room. If the lift does not have an over-sized top platform, then simply drop the skirt over the top of the deck. If the lift has an over-sized top platform, then your skirt should be equipped with a vertical Velcro feature that allows you to wrap the skirt around the lift.
Velcro Attachment Bellows
If you ordered your lift table bellows with the Velcro attachment then follow these directions.
- If the skirt was ordered with a hook and loop closure (Velcro Top Attachment), then peel off the adhesive backing and stick that to the lift.
- Now connect the top of the skirt, that includes the “loops” to the “hooks”
Flat Bar Mount Attachment Bellows
If you ordered your lift table bellows with the upper hardware(flat bar mount) then follow these directions.
- Sandwich the upper attaching bellows fold (the one with the ventilation panel) between a 1” and .125” flat bar of aluminum on the outside edge of the lifting platform.
- Using 3/16” stainless steel rivets or self-tapping screws, attach the flat bar to the deck.
- Place the rivets or tex screws 12” apart or closer.
- Slowly raise and lower the lift to observe if there are any obstructions or binding issues.
- If questions arise with your lift table bellows installation, please contact Akon.