The SB-2000 will protect operators and products with the industrial roll up barricade. This guard unrolls from the steel post and is ideal for securing areas and preventing access. Used for both indoor and outdoor applications, it easily will adjust to your desired length to form a firm barricade.
The rugged design will last for many cycles and can endure repetitive use. The vertical steel posts can be anchored to the floor or feature wheels which will allow the roll up barricade to be moved around.
- Shade height: 48" with 8" gap at bottom | top of shade is 56" from floor
- Single Shade length: Up to 20'
- Double Shade length: Up to 40' (two shades connected together in the middle)
- Post height: 62"
- Post footprint: 6" x 6" x 3/8" thick
- Post Anchor Plate: 8-1/2" x 10" base plate
- Portable: No
- Shipping Weight: Each unit is 100lbs and can ship UPS
- Solid / Mesh: Standard is solid Vinyl with optional mesh
- Force protections: Not intended as a physical restraint, visual barrier only
- Shade colors: Yellow is standard with optional upgrade to other colors
- Shade top and bottom: Black and yellow stripe edges on top and bottom
- Shade material: CFM approved, Vinyl-coated 18 oz, resists fire, oils, alkalis, most acids water, mildew, welding sparks, and grinding sparks
- Temperature Range: Service range of -40° to 150° F continuous
- Shades can be replaced: Yes
6 Different Mounting Options
Each retractable guard comes with a post to roll up into. However, the shade that pulls out needs to connect to something to hold it in the extended position. Below you can view the different shade hooks.
- Style 1 - Mounts to the face of a vertical surface such as a wall or beam | Single Shade
- Style 2 - Mounts to the face of a vertical surface such as a wall or beam to connect two shades | Dual Shade
- Style 3 - Mounts to the face of a vertical surface such as a wall or beam on an angle | Single Shade
- Style 4 - Mounts in the cement to connect two shades together | Dual Shade (Removable)
- Style 5 - Post that anchors into the cement to connect two shades together | Dual Shade
- Style 6 - Post that anchors into the cement | Single Shade
Need to Make a Long Roll Up Barricade?
If you need a long straight line or even if you need to make a large custom shape then simply connect the guards like below. Shown with different attachment styles for your reference (styles 4,5 and 2). By using the maximum shade span of 20' you can achieve a very long retractable barrier.
Roll Up Barricade Features
In addition to its rugged design, the industrial retractable barricade also offers some other unique features.
- Waterproof, wind, heat and cold tolerant
- Industrial vinyl is durable
- Custom printed warnings are available
- Safety yellow material warns of danger
- Steel posts can withstand collisions
- Posts anchor with 4 anchor bolts
- Conserves valuable floor space
- The roll up barricade provides rapid access
Printed Logos and Warnings
The easy to pull out industrial barricade can also feature custom printing. You can limit access of visitors, workers, and bystanders to dangerous areas or sensitive zones with warning labels.
- Limit access to sensitive areas
- The bright yellow color is hard to miss
- Warn people with a roll up isle barrier
- Partition off robotic welding cells
Common Barricade Applications
There are countless industrial applications where the roll up barricade can be utilized. Some of the more common applications include:
- Isle way barrier for people and forklifts
- Separate people from robot work cells
- Temporary restricted work areas or zones
- Guard a large hole in the floor
- Visual warning for people on walkways
Can I attach the roll up mechanism to a post or wall?
- Yes. The mounting bracket is for a wall, bollard or column mounting. We supply 2 'L'-shaped brackets. The distance to the wall is adjustable with bolts, and they can be flipped to allow right-mount or left-mount.
Can they be portable?
- They are not portable but they can be used as a portable unit if you have a method to hold them in place. Some customers have placed them on dollies like shown below. They then tie the dolly off to a fixed object like a post, beam, stud..ect
Can the shades be locked to prevent someone from opening them?
- Yes we can. Make sure our quote states "padlockable". We would, at no additional charge, weld a 1" loop to the Receiving Hook you choose like below. You can then use a padlock to lock the shade in the extended position.
Does the SB-3000 conform to OSHA standards as a railing?
- No it does not. It is not a fall device. It is a visual barrier only. Akon does not carry any anti-fall devices.
"The retractable SB-2000 has performed exceptionally well for our application. The shade is easy to pull out and it attaches quickly and easily to the opposing post. It has increased our safety by limiting access to visitors. I would highly recommend it."
James - Borg Warner
"The guarding has been a great asset for our production people. Before it was in place we had a few safety issues with personnel coming to close to the mechanical pinch points of the machinery. The safety barrier was very easy to install and has been performing great. We are looking to purchase more in the near future."
Samantha - Lockheed Martin
"The process from getting a quote from Akon to procurement of the safety barrier was very efficient. It is a well-made safety device which has allowed us to meet OSHA standards for an area that was otherwise dangerous. We have had no issues with the retractable guarding and its ease of operation is quite impressive."
Brian - International Paper
- Ships in 7-10 work days
- Ships UPS or FedEx. You can also specify your shipping account
- Barricade - 5 year warranty on manufacturing defects
- Hardware - Lifetime warranty on manufacturing defects